I love trying new recipes and try to test drive one once a week. Here's one I tried last week that we think is a keeper. Zelli kept saying "these noodles are sooooo good." I didn't use parsley. Enjoy!
Pasta with Rainbow Veggies
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 lbs. asparagus, upper half of spears only, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small zucchini or summer squash, cubed
1/2 cup finely diced carrot
1/2 cup diced red or yellow bell pepper
2 tsp. salt for cooking pasta, plus 1/4 tsp. for the sauce
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 lbs. fettuccine
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions: Heat water for pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile in large stovetop pan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the garlic and warm gently for 1 minutes. Add the broth, veggies, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Bring mixture to simmer. Cover pan and simmer undisturbed for 3 min. Then stir in the cream. Add drained pasta. Simmer the mixture over medium-low heat for 3-4 min. while tossing the noodles up from the bottom of the pan with tongs or 2 forks. Remove from heat, sprinkle half of Parmesan cheese. Toss once more. Serve at once, using parsley and remaining cheese for garnish. Serves 4-5.

Mmmmm, thanks for the recipe. This looks yummy. Can't wait to try it. Keep 'em coming! Hey, you're smart...any good ideas for entertaining the kiddos during conference?
ReplyDeleteyes I think I will have to give this one a try! I found your blog from Brianna's. Your a doll!
ReplyDelete